Are you asking yourself, “Why is a Wedding/Event planner blogging about interior design?”. I have an interest in interior design and I like to put together decor for my home, parties, weddings and receptions, so why not attend an interior design workshop? So that is exactly what I have done. I educate myself on social media, personalities, networking, flowers, colors, and other aspects of planning an event or running a business. I decided some of the same principles in interior design could be used in event decor planning.
I attended a workshop at Bungalow with Jeff Furtado of Lee Industries. It was wonderful and yes designing a room in a house uses some of the same principles when designing event decor just on a larger level. Some of the tips shared are as follows:
- use 1 or 2 big pieces rather than many small pieces. When I heard that, I instantly thought of the wonderful pieces AZ Retro Rentals offers.
- When using rugs in a room, either have the furniture on the rug or no furniture pieces of the rug.
- Quickest and less costly way to change a look of a room is to change out or bring in pillows.
- There is a resurgence of brass & gold, not super shiny. Silver is still in use, just use a brushed silver. It is OKAY to mix your metals.
- When creating a gallery wall, keep it tight and tell a story or have a theme with your pictures. Use the same color frames on the same wall.
So whether you are a weekend warrior shopping at rummage sales, garage sales or visiting with your interior designer; keep these items in mind. I want to find one of those cute little tables that can slide up to a couch or even if you are sitting in a chair. It is the modern pretty version of a TV tray. Everyone get out there and at least change out a throw pillow!
Leave a Reply